- Company Mergers: Our Senior HR Consultants have provided support the Organisations through the legal and practical requirements relating to TUPE, which included redundancies and variations to employment contracts. We also helped Organisations engage with their staff during these unsettling times to ensure the business continued to perform and deliver great results.
- Organisation Restructure: Whytepark HR delivered a change project to reduce the size of a management structure and merged teams to improve operational efficiency and cost base. This included communications to staff, selection programmes and advising on redundancy process.
- Business Change Projects: Implement changes in people practices, which included performance management, recruitment and managing of absence. These projects included managing key stakeholder groups which included Board of Directors, Senior Managers and Employee Representative groups.
- Organisation's Culture: Employee engagement and organisational culture are two phrases that are used commonly but what do they actually mean? We have worked with clients to build understanding with their people and helped them review their organisation culture to ensure it reflects how they want to operate and ensure it helps deliver improved results.
- Performance Management Procedures: We have provided clients with performance management procedures and tools to use with their staff, these cover how to set objectives, identify any learning and development requirements, how to hold regular one to one meetings and focuses on not only what they do but how they do it.
- Improving Performance : We have successfully helped clients dealt with a senior person who was not performing well in their role where we supported the client to work with the individual concerned. This included identifying the performance gap, checking the person was aware of what was expected, discussing any relevant factors that may have been involved and then putting a plan in place to get things back on track.
- Leadership Capabilities: We have provided learning and training to support managers to improve their capabilities and skills to deliver better performance. These have included sessions on Employment Law for Line Managers, Performance Management including setting of objectives through to dealing with poor performance, how to handle difficult conversations, how to manage short term and long term absence and Build Better teams. We have also delivered key stakeholder management sessions, relationship management and presentation skills training to help managers and leaders enhance their overall skillset.
- Invest in your team: People need a combination of skills and challenge to deliver their best for their employer. We have conducted team building sessions to help them learn how they can work better together. We have conducted sales training for sales teams to help them improve their overall performance. We have worked with teams to help them deal with how to deal with customers, how to deal with complaints positively.
- Poor Customer Service: Helped clients address a situation where they were receiving constant complaints from their clients about a member of staff's poor customer service. We facilitated a difficult conversation with the employee to discuss the complaints and talk through the importance of the Organisation's values and the impact of behaviours when dealing with customers.
- Support with Formal Procedures: We have conducted investigations, in line with the client's policies and the ACAS guidelines on disciplinary, grievance, harassment, bullying, attendance and poor performance issues. When appropriate, our consultants have attended the formal disciplinary, grievance and capability meetings to support clients who were chairing the hearings. Our Senior Consultants have also chaired Appeal hearings on behalf of clients.
Advice & Guidance
- Recruitment: We helped a client to review their recruitment process which included their recruitment strategy, documentation and overall process. Our suggested changes resulted in them utilising social media and other web based recruitment more effectively. They also changed their overall operational procedures and documentation which led to improved recruitment success and response times.
- Employment Contracts & Staff Handbooks: Sometimes our clients just want to check things out and get that reassurance. We had an query from an organisation where a member of staff had pointed out that their staff handbook and policies were out of date. We were able to quickly review the situation and ensure all their documentation was up to date.
- Discipline and Grievance: Where possible our experience is that it is best if things can be "nipped in the bud". Recently a client had a small issue with someone's behaviour at work, and our HR Consultants were able to provide our clients with appropriate advice and guidance to manage the issue quickly and get things back on track.
- Absence: We provided immediate help about a member of staff who was absent regularly and was also arriving late for work. We provided guidance in how to manage this more formally to get things back on track. Some of our clients come across things for the first time, we recently provided all the support and necessary information to a client when a female member of staff was going on maternity leave.
How We Do It
Our experienced HR Consultants will support you in the following ways:
- Provide HR Advice and guidance by email or phone.
- Provide you with HR document and letter templates.
- Our HR Consultants can attend your premises if required.
- Regular bulletin updates on HR issues you need to know about.
- Confidentiality in all cases.
For more help on resolving HR issues, looking at ways of enhancing your staff team, or getting correct HR protocols and procedures in place, please contact us on telephone 0131 290 2330 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to help.